I believe it is so important for us to remember to regularly take breaks from the things that demand most of our attention. We all need to unwind and get clear on our intentions in life. It can be really challenging to make right decisions when we are tired and overworked. I have made some of the best decisions of my life when I took the time to get alone and just be still. Our minds need time to be quiet and relax from all of the external stimulation around us.
Here are some simple examples of things that I regularly do when I start to feel overwhelmed.
1. Prayer time with the Lord
2. Breathe in and out with eyes closed for a few minutes.
3. Journal your thoughts
4. Listen to soothing music
5. Turn off TV, computer and silence phone
6. Take yourself on a date (Good idea for singles to possibly meet a mate)
7. Read a fun book or magazine
8. mini vacation to a hotel/ resort for a day or so.
9. Drink a cup of herbal tea.
Whatever you choose to do, have fun and enjoy each moment!
Ecclesiastes 4:6 ” Better is a handful with quietness than both hands full with painful effort,a vain striving after the wind and a feeding on it.
God Bless you!